||96 Tests (12x8 breakable strip wells)|
|Standard range||1-80 ng/ml|
|Sample volume||40 µl/well|
|Application||The Calbiotech Cortisol ELISA Kit is intended for the quantitative measurement of Cortisol in sheep serum or plasma.|
The Calbiotech Cortisol kit is a solid phase competitive ELISA. The samples and Cortisol enzyme conjugate are added to the wells coated with anti-Cortisol monoclonal antibody. Cortisol in the patient’s sample competes with a Cortisol enzyme conjugate for binding sites. Unbound Cortisol and Cortisol enzyme conjugate is washed off by washing buffer. Upon the addition of the substrate, the intensity of color is inversely proportional to the concentration of Cortisol in the samples. A standard curve is prepared relating color intensity to the concentration of the Cortisol.
|Storage and Stability||Product should be stored at 2-8 °C. Product is stable for 24 months from the date of manufacturing.|
|Precautions||For research use only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.|
|References||1. Chernow B, Alexander R, Smallridge RC, Thompson WR, Cook D, Beardsley D, Fink MP, Lake R, Fletcher JR: Hormonal responses to graded surgical stress. Arch Intern Med 147:1273-1278, 1987.
2. Crapo L: Cushing's syndrome: A review of diagnostic tests. Metabolism 28:955-977, 1979.
3. Lee PDK, Winter RJ, Green OC: Virilizing adrenocortical tumors in childhood. Eight cases and a review of the literature. Pediatrics 76:437-444, 1985.
4. Leisti S, Ahonen P, Perheentupa J: The diagnosis and staging of hypocortisolism in progressing autoimmune adrenalitis. Pediatr Res 17:861-867, 1983.
5. Stewart PM, Seckl JR, Corrie J, Edwards CRW, Padfield PL: A rational approach for assessing the hypothalamo-pituitary-adrenal axis. Lancet 5:1208-1210, 1988.
6. Watts NB, Tindall GT: Rapid assessment of corticotropin reserve after pituitary surgery. JAMA 259:708-711, 1988.
7. Schlaghecke R, Kornely E, Santen RT, Ridderskamp P: The effect of long-term glucocorticoid on pituitary-adrenal responses to exogenous corticotropin-releasing hormone. New Engl J Med 326:226-230, 1992.
8. Tiertz, N. W. , Text book of Clinical Chemistry, Saunders, 1968