||96 Tests (12x8 breakable strip wells)|
|Standard range||10-800 ng/ml|
|Sample volume||10 µl/well|
|Species||Mouse or Rat|
|Application||The Calbiotech Mouse/Rat Prolactin ELISA kit is used for the quantitative measurement of prolactin in Mouse or Rat serum or plasma.|
The Calbiotech Mouse/Rat Prolactin kit is based on a solid phase sandwich ELISA. The samples and diluted biotinylated anti-prolactin antibodies are added to the wells coated with polyclonal antibody to prolactin. Prolactin in samples binds to the anti-prolactin polyclonal antibody on the well and the biotinylated antiprolactin antibody binds to prolactin. Unbound protein and biotin conjugate are washed off by wash buffer. Diluted horseradish peroxidase conjugated streptavidin is added to each wells and the streptavidin is allowed to bind to the biotin in the complex. Unbound enzyme conjugate is washed off. Upon the addition of the substrate, the intensity of color is proportional to the concentration of prolactin in the samples. A standard curve is prepared relating color intensity to the concentration of the prolactin.
|Storage and Stability||Product should be stored at 2-8 °C. Product is stable for 24 months from the date of manufacturing.|
|Precautions||For research use only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.|
1. Charlton HM, Speight A, Halpin DM, Bramwell A, Aheward WJ, Fink G. Prolactin measurements in normal and hypogonadal (hpg) mice: development and experimental studies. Endocrinology. 1983 Aug;113(2):548-8.
2. Duhau L, Grassi J, Grouselle D, Enjalbert A, Grognet JM. An enzyme immunoassay for rat prolactin: application to the determination of plasma levels.J Immunoassay. 1991; 12(2):233-50.
3. Gillet D, Ezan E, Ducancel F, Gaillard C, Ardouin T, Istin M, Menez A, Boulain JC, Grognet JM. Enzyme immunoassay using a rat prolactin-alkaline phosphatase recombinant tracer. Anal Chem. 1993 Jul 1; 65(13): 1779-84.
4. Leanos Miranda A, Quintal Alvarez MG, Cervera Castillo H, Blanco Favela F. Prolactin as an immunomodulator. Rev Alerg Mex. 1997 Sep-Oct; 44(5):116-23.
5. Ferrag F, Lebrun JJ, Touraine P, Nagano M, Dardenne M, Kelly PA. Prolactin and the immune system. Immunomethods. 1994 Aug; 5(1):21-30.